【Job】International students’ job-hunting’s situation and the types of working visa

International students’ job-hunting’s situation

Recently, more and more Japanese companies want to hire “people who speak foreign language and understand the foreign markets’ situations.” With the concept of diversity, these Japanese companies aim to stimulate their organizations by deliberately securing employees with varied background.

Below is the data about the “industries of international students’ employment in 2017.”

In the year of 2017 is the time Japan had received the tremendous benefits from inbound tourism, especially Chinese travelers as a representative example spent huge money on shopping and sightseeing, thus provoked economical demand in Japan (By the way, “Baku-gai”in Japanese became the buzzword). Very surprisingly, under this circumstances, however, the biggest place of employment for international students was not the restaurant business, tourism business or travel industry, but the international commerce (overseas clerk) and the trading industry.

In short, this data shows us the reality of the foreign worker’s environment. the job contents foreign workers engaging in Japanese companies are not the simple translation or merely assisting Japanese co-workers. Rather than that, important roles in the companies such as “planning and proposing”, the main force of sales”, and “marketing.” Foreign workers are playing the very important role in Japanese companies as the dominant force when the companies advances to the international market or expands its business.

Most Japanese companies will confront the big adversity even after Covid-19, and it will be the long span, however, this tendency which Japanese companies are continuing to hire international students will be still existing. Under this condition, then, what knowledge and skills should international students acquire?  We will introduce you this in this blog’s article.


The types of working visa

There are many types of resident visa in Japan as shown below, but so-called “working visa” for intersnational students after their graduation is mainly this:”Engineer, Specialist in Humanities/International Services,” and it accounts for more than 90%.


The visa of Engineer, Specialist in Humanities/International Services, and the contents of this job

No matter what you are liberal-arts-majors or science-majors, you can apply this visa. The contents of this jobs are interpreter, translaters, international sales, domestic sales, trading accountings, analysts, language instructors, publicists, advertisements, design, production development, system engineers, programmars, mechanic engineers, and technicians.
Those who would like to find a job in Japan, when you apply the visa of Engineer, Specialist in Humanities/International Services, your majors and your prospective expertise must be same. Especially, the graduates of vocational school will have this restrictions more than the universtiy graduates.  If you think you are going to vocational school in Japan and get a diploma, and then please bear in your mind that you have to continue working based on your expertise even after your graduation.


Follow me!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please enter the result of the calculation above.